Thursday, April 9, 2015

A note on Charles Bradley

I often write little notes to myself in the note section of my phone. Reminders, lyrics, or just nonsense. I came across one this morning that simply said 'Charles Bradley'. Within seconds of googling, I was at a website that presents a very well executed video introduction to this American Soul Singer. thecharlesbradley.com

Signed to Daptone Records in his 60's, this man truly sings from the heart as he expresses a painful past and shares his experiences living in America.


Charles is currently on tour and is playing Coachella! Almost makes me wish I was going. This will be the first in 9 years that I've missed it! Check him out for me and don't miss Marina and the Diamonds.



Check out his label mate and one of my all time favorites, Sharon Jones and The Dap Kings!!!

I just love how when her cloak comes off the little demon fox runs away with glitter spilling out of his eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment