Wednesday, August 3, 2011

LATEST LOVE: Quadron



If you're like me you fall in love with one record at a time and blast your new obsession over and over until you find a new one. My new honey is a pair of Danish kids called Quadron. I have to comment on the sweet yet soulful vocals of Coco Hannibal. She reminds me immediately of another one of my dear favorites: Amel Larrieux with a sprinkle of Adele. Her sound rests unexpectedly on top of some quirky and unexpected chords created by partner Robin Hannibal. And how can you not love the incorporation of a brass section?

I'm in love with all of it. A new spin on soul gets me. Y'all know it does.

YES DIVA.

Check out this video from SXSW


Also, check out this amazing review and more videos from THE COUCH SESSIONS
http://www.thecouchsessions.com/2010/06/review-quadron-at-liv-nightclub-dc/

THANK YOU STEPHANIE!

No comments:

Post a Comment