Wednesday, May 25, 2011

THE KILLS LOVE ETTA

Alison Mosshart of THE KILLS likes my girl. I already loved you Alison. Now it's deep.

"Track in the Box" is a music newsletter meant to help you find music without having to 'trawl through the multitude of music blogs' (...) 

Recently they have highlighted a timeless track chosen by rock duo, The Kills.

This is one of my favorite songs called "I Just Want to Make Love to You" off of Etta James's most successful album "At Last"

Now I see where Alison gets all her fantastic grit and stage presence.  


It's SO comforting to know that rock goddesses take cues from SOUL. 

Etta delivers these lyrics with a passion that can only be admired and imitated, never reproduced. She takes absolute control of this number and I continue to die for it every time. Ms. Mosshart agrees:

"What a voice! What a song. This one never gets old, it's too good sounding." (Alison)

Well mama, you already had me at 'Alphabet Pony' but now we must be soul sistahs.

Check out THE KILLS latest album titled Blood Pressures and see them live see them live see them live.

Till you do here's 'Satellite'

No comments:

Post a Comment